Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mason Jar "Chandelier"

Here is my version of a mason jar chandelier. I might hang this from the ceiling after Christmas, but since I don't have any ceiling hooks it will be just fine on my pastry cupboard for now.

I printed snowflakes onto vellum paper and wrapped it around each jar. I used a 100 strand of white lights and just stuffed them into the jars.  I didn't like the way all the white wires showed, so I place a wreath on top that has red berries and pine cones on it and that did the trick.  After the holidays I may try out some different lights or maybe the battery operated flameless candles.....if I can find some that are on a timer.  I don't think I want to have to reach in the jars everyday to turn them on....especially if it's hanging from the ceiling!  I am pretty pleased with the results...it has such a pretty glow and shows off my jadeite Santa cookie jar so nicely!







No comments:

Post a Comment