Sunday, June 22, 2014

THERE'S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING!

Just want to brag a bit today.  Yesterday I did my first 5k race!  Who'd a thunk it?   A year ago I could barely walk around the block and weighed almost 300 pounds!  Today I am down 115 pounds and ran a 5k in 44.28 minutes.  It was extra special because I ran it with my daughter and grandson....woohoo, a 3 generation 5k!
I came in 154th....but I still beat 57 other people!  Next time I need to pick a flatter course!



Mom and daughter Jen
 
Me and grandson Jack, age 10....this little guy finished in 25.38 minutes....he rocks!

 



This is what running a 5k at age 59 looks like.....sweaty!......very sweaty!
 
Jillian  doing the Fun Run in less than 2 minutes....you go girl!
 
 
Me, Jen, Jack, Jim
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so impressed with all of you. Margi you look fabulous, even sweaty after running, you still look fab! What a great family event! I expect there a several scrapbook pages that need to be made to commemorate the first of more events like this to come. Congrats on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero! Congrats on making such good time! I am so freakin' proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete